- Go to ancestry.com and click the DNA button.
- If you have an account with Ancestry, log in. If not, create a free account.
- Click the Paternal (Y-chromosome) button.
- Click the name of the lab that tested you and click Continue
- Manually enter your haplogroup and your marker values. Ancestry will automatically convert certain values for compatibility with its database. Click Submit when you have finished entering the values.
September 30, 2009
Uploading your markers to Ancestry
If you were tested by a lab other than Ancestry, you can upload your markers to Ancestry. Doing this will broaden the pool of Y-DNA markers that are available for comparison with your markers. Follow these steps.