August 30, 2009

John Leigh, b c1792, d 1867

A descendant of John Leigh was tested by FamilyTreeDNA for 66 markers. His haplogroup is I1. The descendant's ysearch ID is KKUTA. If you are interested in further information about John Leigh, use ysearch to bring up the record for John and click the link to email the contact person given on that record. In using ysearch, do a Search for Genetic Matches and enter the ysearch ID for the descendant. Keep the default of 0 for the maximum genetic distance, and select Only show people with my last name.

1 comment:

  1. I'm the descendant (KKUTA) of John Leigh 1792 - 1867. The "c" can now be removed from "c1792" I tested for 67 markers, not 66 as given in the description. One marker came back "null" which I think means I don't have that marker at all so no value can be assigned to it. I remember having difficulty noting that when sending my marker values to ysearch so perhaps that's why the 66 is shown instead of 67. I now believe that my surname "Leigh" came from a female ancestor, Phoebe Leigh, mother of John Leigh 1792-1867, who gave birth to John as a "singlewoman." My evidence for this belief is all circumstantial, but there's a lot of it.

    ReplyDelete